04 April 2012

Tatting with Sulky

I am so thrilled that I am tatting the Stumpy design by Kersti in the finest thread I have ever used.... after seeing Diane's (Lacelovin Librarian) Stumpy bookmarks I thought that if I could get the tread here in Australia I would have a go.

Well I managed to purchase the thread ........Sulky weight 30 number 4006 and I love it...I may have to get some kind of magnifyer to attach to my ordinary glasses but it is coming along fine so here is a photo of how far I have got with it....oops got the cotton over the top but you can see it O.K.

Many thanks to Diane for getting me going with her delicious photos on her blog and hugs to Kersti for the pattern

Hugs
Joy

10 comments:

Maureen said...

Where did you find the thread, Joy? I have been trying to remember whether it's sold at the Craft Shows, but I didn't manage to get there last week when it was in Brisbane.

Jen said...

Good on you Joy. Your stumpy is looking good. Where do you get the varigated Sulky from? Spotlight?

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It's looking so pretty! I love Sulky because it is so smooth. I still can't untat rings, but I can untat chains most of the time. I'm so glad you like the thread!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Hi, Joy! Your tatting looks beautiful! I hope you enjoy the Sulky thread as much as I do.

Unknown said...

Testing Testing if this goes to my page
Joy

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I was reading your post today and was puzzled that you hadn't received comments on your recent posts, including your special tributes to Gina, which were so touching. So I wanted to see if this comment gets through.

Diane and Jane are making us aware of these amazing Sulky threads and the seemingly unlimited color combinations we can create with them !

jen said...

Hi Joy,
Your stumpys look good. Where do you get the Sulky wt 12 thread from? Thank you in advance.

Jen said...

Hi Joy,
Your stumpys look good. Where to you get the Sulky wt12 threads from? Thank you in advance.

Unknown said...

For those in Australia I got the thread from
http://www.quiltersstore.com.au/
The thread is wonderful to work with, it is mostly in 30 weight I managed to get 1 bobbin of 12weight..this is slightly thicker.

Many thanks to you all for your nice comments...I am enjoying using this medium
Hugs
Joy

Unknown said...

I have been having trouble with my blog since it changed to a Google thing but my very dear friend Dabs in the U.S.A. seems to have sorted it out for me....if I am late in answering you that is the reason why.
Hugs
Joy