21 October 2012

Hello from "Down Under"
Seems like ages that I wrote something for my blog. reason being that I have been trying to learn a new craft.......it is making Turkish Oya Knotted lace and having lots of fun in the effort.....I long to be able to make the Oya Flowers but that is going miles ahead of me at the time of writing.
I bought 3 cheap cotton hankies to practice on...Yes there is that word again Practice, Practice and more Practice LOL but though that I would show you my attempts so far so here is a photo of how far I have got.
Its not finished yet.
Hugs
Joy


4 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

So what is oya lace? When I looked it up, the answer was rather confusing. A friend recently brought me a print out with some pictures of beautiful necklaces.

Brenda said...

Hi Joy,
Your Oya lace is looking good. Look forward to seeing the flowers.
xx
Brenda.

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies for your comments,
Jane,
Oya Lace is a needle lace and was made and passed down from mother to daughter in and around Turkey.....if you Google it you will see some gorgeous pictures of it.
Hugs
Joy in OZ

Unknown said...

Testing to see if this gets through as I cannot sign into my blog