01 February 2007

Some of my Shuttles


The photo at the bottom shows just a few of my tatting shuttles.......three of these were made by Edward Clark in England and are the cream of shuttles...going from top right around...the fourth one is also a beautiful shuttle from the U.S.A. and made by another very talented shuttle maker David Reed Smith...the mat underneath them is not finished yet but is from a Japanese pattern being made in size 50 cotton


As you may realise I got addicted to collecting shuttle too !
The White Pineapple doily was made from a pattern by Teri Dusenberry of the U.S.A. this lady is an extremely talented designer and a really nice person who is passionate about her tatting and designing.....I only hope that I have done her justice in tatting this doily...this one is a real favourite so thanks Teri for making the pattern available.
Sitting on top of it is another one of my shuttles the GR8 made by the Shuttle Brothers in the U.S.A




3 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

Your tatting is beautiful. I haven't done any for many years. I have some wonderful hand-crafted shuttles by Leonard Stillwell and would love to gift one of them to you. Click back to my weblog, go to the profile and you'll find my email. Please send me your address.

TATBiT said...

Joy,
Thank you for tatting the Forever Young Pineapple Doily. Love it!

Dabs - Carol Holt said...

Beautiful Joy...wonderful!